23 Oct Dental Implants BLASI Dental Clinic Barcelona
Everything You Need to Know About Dental Implants at BLASI Dental Clinic Barcelona
Dentistry has made significant advancements over the past few decades. One of the most effective and modern solutions for replacing lost teeth are dental implants. At BLASI Dental Clinic Barcelona, we’re passionate about informing and educating our patients about this innovative treatment. Below, we’ll answer the most frequently asked questions we receive. In this article, we will address common questions about dental implants at BLASI Dental Clinic Barcelona.
1. What is the price of a dental implant at BLASI Dental Clinic Barcelona?
Establishing a single price for dental implants can be challenging. Depending on the clinic, the type of implant, the need for additional complementary procedures such as bone or gum regeneration, and geographical location, the cost can vary. Generally speaking, dental implants might seem like a significant investment, but their durability and the value they bring to a patient’s quality of life make it worthwhile.
At BLASI Dental Clinic Barcelona, we offer competitive and transparent pricing, considering top-notch service and high-quality materials. For an accurate quotation, please contact our team.
2. What are the types of dental implants at BLASI Dental Clinic Barcelona?
Innovations in dentistry have provided us with various types of implants suitable for different needs:
– Endosteal Implants: These are the most common. They resemble a screw and are inserted directly into the upper or lower jawbone. They are typically made of titanium, a biocompatible material that directly contacts natural bone. There are also zirconia implants, which are less common. Included in these dental implants are also zygomatic and pterygoid implants.
– Subperiosteal Implants: These are placed beneath the gum but above the bone. They’re the ideal choice for patients who lack sufficient natural bone and either don’t want or can’t undergo a bone graft.
A consultation with a professional is essential to determine which type of implant is most suitable for your situation.
3. How long does it take to place a dental implant?
The process of placing a dental implant is more than just inserting the implant. It starts with a consultation, followed by tests and preparations. The insertion procedure itself might last between 1-2 hours. However, from the initial consultation to the placement of the final tooth on the implant, it could span several months. This is due to the need to allow the implant to integrate properly with the bone in a process called osseointegration.
4. How long does pain last after a dental implant?
Getting a dental implant is a surgical procedure, so it’s natural to experience some discomfort or pain in the days following. Most patients describe the feeling more as a discomfort rather than acute pain. With proper pain management and by following post-operative recommendations, this discomfort is typically manageable and subsides within a few days.
5. Which is better, dentures or a dental implant?
The decision between opting for removable dentures or a dental implant largely depends on individual needs and the dentist’s diagnosis. While removable dentures are less invasive and might be more affordable in the short term, dental implants offer a more lasting, aesthetic, and functional solution.
Dentures, though effective, simply rest on the gum and can move or slide around. In contrast, implants are firmly anchored in the bone, providing a more natural feel and function.
Dental health is an investment in your well-being and quality of life. At BLASI Dental Clinic Barcelona, our commitment is to provide cutting-edge treatments and educate our patients on all their options. If you’re considering a dental implant or any other treatment, [book an appointment] and let us guide you on this journey towards a healthier and brighter smile.