12 Mar Recommendations to the Covid-19
Covid-19, or popularly known as coronavirus, has already been decreed as a global pandemic, and it is something that we take into account from the clinic to apply all the necessary measures to prevent infections.
The General Council of Dentists of Spain has recommended adopting the following precautions:
1. Strengthen universal preventive measures regarding dental care, taking into account that in our professional practice the risk of aerosol aspiration is very high and the working distance is usually less than 1 meter.
2. For healthcare professionals who are subject to a risk of generating aerosols (as is the case in Dentistry), the use of valved FFP2 masks is recommended.
3. In case of continuing to use the usual surgical mask, it is recommended to change them every 2 hours to avoid deterioration and loss of efficacy.
4. Gloves, gown and tight eye protection should be worn.
5. Thorough hand washing should be done before and after caring for the patient.
6. All work surfaces and surroundings of the patient must be immediately cleaned and disinfected. Cleaning and disinfection will be carried out with a disinfectant included in the clinic’s cleaning and disinfection policy or with a sodium hypochlorite solution containing 1,000 ppm of active chlorine (1:50 dilution of a bleach with a concentration of 40-50 gr / liter freshly prepared). These viruses are inactivated after 5 minutes of contact with normal disinfectants such as household bleach.
7. All standard universal disinfection and sterilization standards must be followed scrupulously.
All of them have been applied in Blasi clinic, in addition to these measures, some epidemiological and clinical criteria must also be taken into account.
- Epidemiological criteria: People who have recently visited any of the danger zones, as well as those who notice symptoms or have had contact with a confirmed or probable case.
- Clinical criteria: anyone who has symptoms of acute respiratory infection, who has fever or general discomfort.
In these cases, we advise that if it is not extremely necessary that the visit to the dentist be postponed, and call 112 to be able to be treated properly.
At Clínica Blasi we care about our patients, and we want them to be informed that we are taking all the necessary measures.